Myths about facial roller massage
Facial rollers come with a lot of big claims, but there isn’t much proof to back them up just yet.
We’ll talk about some misconceptions about using face rollers.
- Using a roller can slim your face: False. You must eat healthfully and exercise frequently if you want to reduce weight from any area of your body, including your face. However, the roller’s depuffing ability could briefly provide the appearance of a slimmer face.
- A facial roller can cure a condition: False. There are no guarantees that crystals or other substances may treat illnesses, but there is also no supporting information.
- Facial rollers can have permanent effects: False. While you may observe changes in specific elements of your skin, the outcomes aren’t likely to be lasting. Your best chance of experiencing benefits over time is probably consistent use.
Types of facial rollers
You might be unsure of where to start with face rollers because there are so many varieties available.
One of the stones you’re most likely to discover in rollers is jade.
Additionally, you may get face rollers made of:
- rose quartz
In order to chill your skin, jade and metal don’t need to be kept in a refrigerator because they are natural coolers.
Rose quartz has a long-lasting capacity to hold either heat or cold. The best option is a chilled quartz roller if you need a colder roller and want to use it for more than a minute.
A jade roller may last longer and be less likely to shatter if dropped than a rose quartz roller since rose quartz is a tougher stone.
Even while jade isn’t as smooth as other stones, the extra friction it creates may assist shape your face.
Amethyst has historically been used to help detoxify the body and may also be used to cure acne. Research is required to substantiate this claim.
How can you spot a fake jade roller?
There are two types of genuine jade:
Nephrite, a less costly stone than jadeite, is typically used to make nephrite roller balls. It is less expensive because of its feature.
Some rollers used to make jade aren’t truly manufactured from the material. They could be created from a different kind of stone that has undergone chemical coloring or treatment to make it shiny. Keep those items away from your face as much as possible.
Here are several methods to determine whether your Jade Roller is authentic:
- Clink a piece of jade that you know is real against the roller. It’s likely phony if the sound is flat and plastic-like.
- Touch your jade roller.It’s among the simplest and quickest methods of checking. When touched, real jade will feel chilly.
- Examine the roller closely. There shouldn’t be any air bubbles inside of it, but there should be some surface imperfections or marbling.
- Scratch the surface of the roller lightly with your fingernail or the tip of a pin. Marks won’t appear on genuine jade.