Top 10 High Vitamin D Foods

Top 10 High Vitamin D Foods

The body needs vitamin D to absorb calcium, build bones, keep the immune system functioning properly, and reduce inflammation.

Without adequate vitamin D, you run the danger of getting rickets, osteomalacia, a weaker immune system, an increased risk of cancer, and inferior hair development.

A surplus of calcium can be absorbed when there is an excess of vitamin D, which may raise the risk of heart disease and some forms of kidney stones.

The current recommended daily allowance for vitamin D is 20 micrograms, and between 250 and 1,000 micrograms per day is thought to be the toxicity threshold.

Sometimes, vitamin D levels are expressed in IU (international units) When this occurs, keep in mind that 1 g = 40 IU of vitamin D.

You need fat to absorb vitamin D since it is fat soluble. Fish, sun-exposed mushrooms, fortified milk, fortified milk substitutes, fortified tofu (such Tofu Singles), fortified yogurt, fortified morning cereal, fortified orange juice, fortified pork chops, and eggs are foods high in vitamin D.

Vitamin D is referred to as the “sunshine vitamin” since it is also created by the body when skin is exposed to sunlight. About 10% of our total vitamin C comes from this, with the other 90% coming from diet. Depending on where you live, 20 minutes of sun per day is sufficient to fulfill most people’s vitamin D needs.

The top ten foods that have the most vitamin D per typical serving size are shown below. See the nutritional ranking of 200 foods high in vitamin D for additional information.

See also  Best Affordable Exercise Bikes For Home Workouts This Year
For Best You - 4bestyou.net